Every great adventure needs great guides - experienced leaders to inspire, advise, warn, and encourage.
Find them on the acclaimed
The OutsideVoices Podcast
By Mark Bidwell
In each episode, host Mark Bidwell speaks with a celebrated name in business, arts, sports, exploration, or academia about topics from leadership and performance to creativity and growth.
Offering personal stories and hard-won wisdom, each unguarded and in-depth conversation is a torch for your own trek through today’s volatile and uncertain world.
Spot new vistas. Explore fresh paths. Crack your hardest challenges. You’ll get a lot further with these guides whispering in your ear.
David Novak is the former CEO and Founder of Yum! Brands, and the author of several books including his biography The Education of An Accidental CEO.
Andy Billings, the co-founder of Electronic Arts University, explains how EA suffered a ‘near-death experience’ and how they transformed their culture.
The word “curiosity” appears increasingly frequently in the world of business. Professor Nick Thomas has a very distinctive perspective on the topic.
Dolly Chugh is the author of The Person You Mean to Be: How Good People Fight Bias, which studies how implicit bias and unintentional ethical behavior affects our everyday decision making.
Scott E. Page, a Professor of Complex Systems, Politcal Sciences, and Economics at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, talks about his book The Diversity Bonus.
Kevin Kelly, Senior Maverick at Wired magazine, co-founded Wired in 1993 and served as its Executive Editor for the first seven years. His acclaimed book
What Listeners Say
- Innovation Ecosystem is leading the way!April 11, 2018 by ErikBison from United States
Innovation Ecosystem shares actionable insights on how to become a better leader (and innovating with purpose and values). I highly recommend listening and subscribing if you want the knowledge AND mindsets to become the best leader you can possibly be (and grow your business and live your best life as a result)!
- Really good quality, thought provoking podcastsFebruary 26, 2018 by GazzaTurner from United Kingdom
I have found this podcast series by accident but I am very pleased that I have. The relevance, transferability and ideas are all so applicable and are well on point regards the future of work
- Awesome show, highly recommend!November 2, 2017 by J. Barshop from United States
Mark and his guests share actionable and inspiring lessons to become a better business leader and (more importantly) a better overall person. Highly recommend listening and subscribing to The Innovation Ecosystem if you want the knowledge AND mindsets to take your business to the next level (and reach your overall goals as a result)!
- Mark Bidwell is driven to help you lead betterJuly 7, 2017 by Joshua Spodek from United States
I've had the pleasure of meeting Mark. One-on-one as well as interviewing his world-class guests, he is driven beyond just bringing you interesting conversation to helping you connect with his guests and learn from them. He has big corporate teams and small entrepreneurial ones. He's innovated and he's worked with bureaucracies. That experience comes through in making his guests comfortable to share vulnerabilities and experiences we can learn from.
- Class Act PodcastMarch 29, 2017 by Whitney Johnson from United States
Mark Bidwell not only does his homework to get as much learning as possible from his guests, he himself is an expert innovator -- also loves the visual collteral that accompanies each episode.
- Getting the Back StoryOctober 9, 2016 by P Brody from United States
I got interested in these because Mark interviewed me for one. I've since been listening to others and have come to really enjoy the broader back-story around innovation - not just what happened by why other entrepreneurs have developed a specific point of view.
- Food for thought... Inspiring!October 4, 2016 by GusGusBer from United States
What a great way to learn and grow! A very professional podcast series, highly recommended.
- Brian MOctober 4, 2016 by BrianMooney77 from United Kingdom
This is a well produced show with fresh perspectives on innovation and management and lots of practical suggestions of how to improve - well worth subscribing.
- Inspiring, Thought-provoking and Insight-GeneratingSeptember 30, 2016 by morethentic from Switzerland
A really great Podcast that inspires, provokes thinking and generates actionable insight for enterpreneurs, intrapreneurs and people who are interested to disrupt the status quo. Mark is a phantastic host who invites thought leading guests. Excellent and easy to listen to. And furthermore, you get a good summary of the discussion as a drawing. Thanks Mark!
- Innovation? Ecosystem to the rescue!September 28, 2016 by Nicolas MX from France
Looking for insights to optimize your organisation and build an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up or company? Listen this great innovation ecosystem podcast, and visit the website
- My morning ritualAugust 4, 2016 by Sabbywabby from Australia
This podcast has embedded itself into my morning commute and has enriched my way of thinking. I often relisten to podcast episodes and find something new to think about each time. Keep up the good work! Sab (Sydney, Australia)
- Just outstanding!July 22, 2016 by Heheh6! from United Kingdom
This is such an invaluable resource - the only thing I can think of that comes close to it that I've come across in the past 25 years is 'The Fifth Discipline Fieldbook'. Thank you Roddy and Mark. Can't wait for season two.
- Innovation pod commentJune 13, 2016 by Glue magnate from Switzerland
Good experience so far from a rare user of pod casts. Shorter, punchier sessions are the best. Those that have clear simple focus resonated best. Mark's interview style is refreshing
- Very recommendable..June 4, 2016 by Ursi_42_broc from Switzerland
Truly inspring! Looking forward to every new episode. Keep going!
- New insightsMay 12, 2016 by The kackies from Switzerland
Great collection of stories about innovation, change, collaboration and working with uncertainty. Equally applicable to business and personal journeys.
- Amazingly interestingApril 19, 2016 by Awintz from United Kingdom
The selection of all topics on innovation and entrepreneurship are highly interesting! So great to hear from so many experienced and talented people.
- Nice initiative - look forward to more!April 18, 2016 by D,G,S&B from United Kingdom
Great, engaging, listener-friendly opportunity to hear interesting perspectives from a diverse group of speakers.
- Fresh and InterestingApril 3, 2016 by heyo kayo from United States
Great discussions and insights.
- Good overview on changeMarch 28, 2016 by rkml from United States
Listened to the interview with Lisa Bodell. Fast paced, quite focused. Great material.
- Innovation EcosystemMarch 28, 2016 by rozbarb from Switzerland
A very interesting new angle on innovation using guests from a wide range of different background with some surprising conclusions. Very good start. Keep it up.
- Well Worth ListeningMarch 24, 2016 by Litigious Ron from United States
Roddy and Mark skillfully guide and probe their guests in a manner that is much more effective than simply listening to the guests give a speech. The guests are top of the range and very much worth hearing. Links to the guests’ websites and other resources provide the material for a deeper dive. This stuff has gotten me thinking about the long term and I am really looking forward to future guests.
- Genuinely inspiringMarch 23, 2016 by Ewan-L from United Kingdom
Great quote: "The larger your organisation, the smaller your world". Very thought-provoking, relevant and well-produced.
- Insights with ExpertiseMarch 22, 2016 by Pi Innovation from United States
I am an innovation junie. I read it, I write it, I teach it, I research it. And I like to listen to people talk about it while I drive or go for a run. The thing that makes this podcast stand out over many others is the expertise of the interviewers, not just the interviewees. On some podcasts, the interviewer sounds like they are looking at innovation with that deer-in-the-headlights expression. The resulting interviews are superficial at best. Not so with the Innovation Ecosystem. The interviewers have lived, breathed, eaten, and slept innovation in their careers, so they are able to ask the perceptive questions that get the interviewee to go deeper on the topic. Outstanding program!
- CEOMarch 20, 2016 by Online predictor from United States
Well conceived and relevant. Innovation is much discussed yet little achieved. This could help
- Fantastic ShowMarch 20, 2016 by PrestonPysh from United States
I really love this podcast. Mark and Roddy are easy to listen to, they are exceptionally smart, and most importantly they ask great questions. You can tell these guys have run large cap business by the way they interview their guests. That makes a big different for me. Fantastic Show!
- Innovation Ecosystem is Innovation at its BestMarch 20, 2016 by Hillel Maximon from United States
Like Steve Goldstein’s riveting example of keeping one’s ‘eyes-wide-open’, Millar and Bidwell’s podcasts compel listeners to keep their ‘ears-wide-open’. They are engaging, informative, and entertaining – and I look forward to hearing many more podcasts in the future.
- Great new podcast!March 18, 2016 by JAHM1! from United States
- Entertaining and insightfulMarch 17, 2016 by Alimor42 from United Kingdom
I wish I had heard these before launching my new business. Looking forward to the next one.
- Inspiring InterviewMarch 17, 2016 by amu2 from Austria
Original insights by interesting interviewees, time passed much quicker than I thought at first glance.
- An Insightful CollectionMarch 17, 2016 by Synchronous Leadership from United Kingdom
A great collection of thought provoking individuals brought together by two sharp and entertaining hosts. The ideas are immediately applicable, both to my own development and for clients’ development. I highly recommend this insightful series. Elias Westerdahl - The Centre for Synchronous Leadership
- Natural DialogueMarch 16, 2016 by Changyinshike from United Kingdom
I enjoyed listening to a real and natural conversation with Robert Walcott which explored a number of angles around the topic of innovation, networks and even self management. In our fast world what is the optimum length of a podcast? Personally from 30 to 45 minutes feels about right but I do understand that not all fruitful conversations will construct themselves in that way. Overall this is a very helpful initiative.
- Fantastic!March 16, 2016 by catalinofamily from United States
Engaging, well structured, great speakers. Really cutting edge. Worth listening to.
- Transformative!March 16, 2016 by Giles Breault - The Beyond Grp from United States
These insights are exactly what are needed by those who have a deep desire to transform themselves and their organizations. Keep providing us with deep insight that comes from the crucible of real experience.
- Thought provoking and insightfulMarch 15, 2016 by ElEdge4042 from Austria
Great interview, packed with interesting ideas and insights, while being practical and pleasant. I really liked the wrap up at the end, as well.
- Most indispensible podcastMarch 15, 2016 by Vascofonseca from Switzerland
Thank you Mark and Roddy! The quality of the content and the interviews are remarkable. It inspires to challenge the status quo within "rigid" organizations. Congrats for this great launch!
- High production quality and insightful guestsMarch 15, 2016 by Happy Base User from United Kingdom
Interesting guests, searching questions and high production quality = subscribed.
- Good to know it’s hereMarch 14, 2016 by ilonanita from United Kingdom
- Listening inMarch 14, 2016 by in.form from Canada
Pleased this conversation is on the go. Academic underpinnings. Cross-sectoral discussions. Exactly what's needed. Helpful as listeners attempt to think broadly and cut through the noise. Will continue to plug in.
- Professional productionMarch 14, 2016 by JMR960 from United Kingdom
Well produced, professional material.
- WonderfulMarch 14, 2016 by martinakw from United Kingdom
Very good indeed, have listened to 3 interviews so far. Insightful questions and useful summaries of main focus points at the end. Keep up the good work!
- InsightfulMarch 14, 2016 by cloudierk from United Kingdom
Very insightful and inspiring!
- Surprising and very goodMarch 13, 2016 by DickyW from United Kingdom
There are so many poor business books and podcasts that I’m usually terribly disappointed having invested my time reading or listening to them. These Innovation Ecosystem podcasts are very good indeed. The guests are all excellent, insightful and different to the usual suspects. Subjects are great and the whole thing is put together well. Refreshingly good.
- Head of CommsMarch 11, 2016 by DanChadwick22 from United Kingdom
Excellent quality guests and enjoyable delivery. Essential for innovation officers and anyone looking to innovate
- Thought provoking indeedMarch 11, 2016 by Frawkern from Switzerland
Excellent listen. While the target audience is intrapreneurs and innovation agents, many of the concepts and ideas discussed can benefit anyone interested in examining his/her life and moving forward and upward.
- Loved the PPCO exercise as a test for leadersMarch 11, 2016 by Marius2509 from Romania
Good point in making the difference between someone managing risk the right way vs the professional sceptics. Looking at potential positives first and overcoming concernes instead of simply ripping appart all ideas that come up is something that should be written in stone in all meeting rooms 🙂
- Great guests and relevant topicsMarch 11, 2016 by barbersa from United Kingdom
These podcasts combine great speakers and engaging, relevant topics. Keep up the good work!
- Relevant, digestible content.March 10, 2016 by Tweetheart from United States
Only a few episodes in, but appreciating the range of perspectives & guests.
- Wise and intuitiveMarch 10, 2016 by Atttdfr from United Kingdom
Thought provoking and insightful. Helpful and forward thinking
- Client Relations ManagerMarch 9, 2016 by InnovationFan from United States
Great podcast - high quality and wonderful moderation.
- Inspirational!March 9, 2016 by emilyoh from United States
Innovation Ecosystem is a totally enriching podcast. Lisa Bodell's interview impressed me so much, I spoke to my boss and we killed a stupid rule together! I'm really looking forward to reading her new book. I guarantee that if you listen, you will be inspired!
- Intrapreneurship on SteroidsMarch 9, 2016 by GSpier from United States
Mark and Roddy are two awesome hosts and they seem to have assembled an extraordinary cast of guests. This podcast is great for intrapreneurs, students of intrapreneurship as well as anybody interested in business generally.
- Very insightful!March 8, 2016 by Freeda228 from Switzerland
Definitely worth subscribing to!
- InsightfulMarch 8, 2016 by bidderssj from United Kingdom
High calibre guests and well presented
- Compelling, Relevant & Engaging ContentMarch 7, 2016 by Col. Percy Fawcett from United Kingdom
Wisdom from the front-line, in an easy style. A must-listen survival guide for entre/intra/extrapreneurs.
- Innovative EcosystemMarch 7, 2016 by Slug C from United Kingdom
Most informative, thought provoking and inspiring. looking forward to the next instalment
- Very goodMarch 7, 2016 by JRW03021992 from United Kingdom
Easy listening, and very insightful
- Great insights on how to innovate at workMarch 7, 2016 by laadman from United States
Wow! Mark has amazing guests with insights that make you really think. For example Who Are You vs Who Are You Becoming? The content here is gold! Look forward to hearing more as this is what people need to grow.
- AmazingMarch 6, 2016 by Moldysr26 from United Kingdom
Really great podcast, would also recommend to business students !
- InnovationMarch 6, 2016 by Villars telemarker from United Kingdom
Some neat ideas presented by interesting people with much to share about innovation.
- New perspectivesMarch 5, 2016 by Innov8trs from Switzerland
Some great early guests giving their perspectives on an important subject…well done guys
- Practical advice from some remarkable peopleMarch 3, 2016 by Nivareno67 from United Kingdom
Mark and Roddy have launched these podcasts with some remarkable guests, and their conversations dig into their experiences and tips for success. Keep it going!
- Insightful and thought provokingMarch 2, 2016 by HDffffdhxj from United Kingdom
Much looking forward to more of this series of interviews and discussions. Taking time out to learn from others experiences seems to be a key to succeed in any fast changing business environment.
- Really great !!!March 1, 2016 by Emilhano Lima from Brazil
Very simple, innovative and useful tool !!!!
- Great listening for entrepreneursMarch 1, 2016 by mfreud34 from Switzerland
Mark and Roderick are putting together a unique podcast selection for entrepreneurs or those who want to know more about that Ecosystem. Great initiative!
- Fascinating insightsFebruary 29, 2016 by 1224542366 from United Kingdom
A glimpse into the minds and experience of people who innovate for a living. Very valuable.
- Focuses questions and great guestsFebruary 29, 2016 by EAHG68 from United Kingdom
Listened to first three episodes back to back. The guests offer useful insights for entrepreneurs as a result of focused and relevant questions. Great start and looking forward to the rest.
- Are You an Leader? An Intrepreneur?February 25, 2016 by Harry Duran from United States
Having been privy to some of the initial episodes, I’ve come away extremely impressed. Mark and Roddy have put together a stellar line-up of business thought leaders and this is a must-listen for leaders, who are looking for unique ways to innovate within their corporate environments. Looking forward to these episodes!