Scott Peltin is the founder and chief performance officer of Tignum, a company that helps executive clients achieve their full potential. He’s worked with CEOs, C-level executives, professional athletes, and many top leaders to improve their performance and sustainability. Prior to founding Tignum in 2005, Scott worked on the front-line for over 25 years as a firefighter and as a captain, and later led his crews as a battalion and division chief in the Phoenix Fire Department.
What Is Covered
- [02:20] – How did Scott get started?
- [03:55] – Why is leadership not taught?
- [05:55] – Scott shares an example of the kind of work he provides and how he helps CEOs succeed.
- [10:50] – What happened to Bob six months after Scott’s training? He finally has the tools he needs to handle difficult situations.
- [13:00] – What can someone do straightaway to recover from their stressful lives?
- [14:45] – Beware of the stories you tell yourself.
- [18:20] – What happens if people are constantly grabbing your attention in the hallways? Scott has a solution for you.
- [21:00] – Mindset is contagious. Let’s talk mindset.
- [27:00] – Do generations work differently in the workplace?
- [29:15] – When multitasking, you have to feed the brain the right nutrients in order to succeed.
- [30:30] – What’s the next wave of performance technology going to be?
- [35:50] – Don’t forget to sign up to Scott’s newsletter as he offers a ton of great insights.
- [35:55] – What are Scott’s morning rituals?
- [37:40] – What have you changed your mind about recently?
- [39:30] – What advice would Scott give his 25-year-old self?
Links and Resources Mentioned In This Episode: