William Green is a journalist and author, who has written for many leading publications in the US and Europe, including The New Yorker, Fortune, Forbes, Fast Company, Money, The Economist, and others. He has interviewed presidents and prime ministers, inventors, criminals, prize-winning authors, the CEOs of some of the world’s largest companies, and countless billionaires.
William’s most recent book is “Richer, Wiser, Happier,” where he draws on interviews that he’s conducted over twenty-five years with many of the world’s greatest investors. He spent time with time with people like Sir John Templeton, Joel Greenblatt, Nick Sleep, Mohnish Pabrai, and Charlie Munger, and distilled for the readers what it is that we can take away from their disciplines, their mindsets, their habits, and day to day activities, that we can apply in other walks of life beyond financial management.
What Is Covered:
- Why we can regard the world’s greatest investors as practical philosophers
- The connection between resilient wealth creation and emotional resilience
- Why the idea of cloning other investor’s practices is still subversive in today’s world
- Exercise, nutrition, meditation and sleep as the basics for making good decisions
Key Learnings and Takeaways:
- When you decide to clone someone’s fundamental ideas and insights that work, you have to do it in a way that’s aligned with your own temperament and skills
- In order to create resilient wealth, you don’t need the optimal strategy, you need a strategy that’s good enough, that’s directionally correct
- You don’t want to wait until you’re in the midst of a crisis to adopt habits such as quality nutrition, exercise, meditation and sleep; it’s important to adopt these good habits before the crisis.
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Richer, Wiser, Happier by William Green
- Connect with William Green on Twitter
- Connect with William Green on LinkedIn
- Power vs. Force by David R. Hawkins
- Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender by David R. Hawkins
- Carefree Dignity by Tsoknyi Rinpoche
- Open Heart, Open Mind by Tsoknyi Rinpoche
- Altered Traits by Daniel Goleman
- Colliding with the Unexpected with Gillian Tett on OutsideVoices
- Accidental CEO with David Novak on OutsideVoices