Robert Cialdini has spent his entire career researching the science of influence. This has earned him an international reputation as an expert in the fields of persuasion, compliance, and negotiation. On this week’s episode, Robert discusses how to enlist the support of your senior managers prior to making an important presentation, how companies can boost their productivity by up to 60%, and what we can learn from Warren Buffett on communication.
What Is Covered
- [05:40] – For those who haven’t read Robert’s book, Influence, Robert offers a quick overview on the six principles of influence.
- [17:25] – Why did Robert decide to write his second book, Pre-suasion?
- [24:15] – The best influencers cultivate relationships long before they need help.
- [25:40] – Warren Buffett writes an annual letter to his investors, what’s so special about it?
- [27:45] – Be upfront with your investors.
- [29:45] – Behavioral science indicates that if you ask for advice, you will also gain an accomplice.
- [30:25] – What has Robert changed his mind about recently?
- [31:40] – What does Robert do to remain creative?
Links And Resources:
- Pre-suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade, a book by Robert Cialdini
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, a book by Robert Cialdini
- Influence at Work
- Connect with Robert Cialdini on LinkedIn